Birdsville's Brook family, Australia’s most experienced organic beef producers, has come a long way since its early days.
There is controversy in India, Australia's largest market for pulses, surrounding alleged collusion among pulse traders there to artificially keep prices high.
THE Townsville Cup is the race everyone strives to win. Sure, it is high on the bucket list of every northern-based owner, trainer, jockey and strapper. Mackay-based John Manzelman has won three of the past six cups – an extraordinary feat – and yet another trainer from the same Ooralea base, Paul Dwyer, won two with a horse named Snippety Snip in 2004 and ’06.
- Local biosecurity authorities are monitoring a widespread outbreak of peanut smut disease in Argentina that could potentially ignite an import ban.
- MDBA Chief Executive Phillip Glyde has moved to calm troubled waters following last night’s controversial Four Corners broadcast.
- Dreaded weather event twice as common within 35 years: CSIRO
- CALLS for various inquiries into the Murray Darling Basin Plan have emerged following a controversial episode of ABC Four Corners “Pumped” last night.
- Panama TR4 is the dread of the Australian banana industry but a US expert says new cultivars could be the key to living with it.
- $1 billion spend on new towers and satellite technology
- Ag tech uptake is being held back by cost and understanding of the products as well as the much-publicised data drought.
- Breakthrough for unlucky anglers brings good, and bad, news.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.