Farmers and business owners in the Greater Whitsunday Region are taking advantage of this opportunity by sourcing seasonal produce to cater for a niche and local market.
Samantha Walton has worked for regional and rural publications, including Moree Champion, North West Star and now the North Queensland Register. Hailing from a small country town in New South Wales, Sam worked with GrainCorp for four years and has a broad knowledge of cropping practices. Relocating to north west Queensland in 2015, Sam found her passion for the beef industry and now enjoys station life and horse riding.
Representatives of a key Queensland agricultural lobby group have given a glowing endorsement of the Tablelands region, praising its innovative qualities and resilience after a recent visit.
A former tradesman who started his farm from scratch has taken out this year’s Charlie Nastasi Horticultural Farmer of the Year Award.
With two current Cucumber Green Mottle Mosaic Virus cases in Qld, industry and Biosecurity Queensland continue to raise the virus's profile.
FOUR trailblazing farmers from the Mareeba area have been nominated in this year’s Charlie Nastasi Horticultural Farmer of the Year Award.
- The Brisbane Markets community spruced up for their night of nights at a gala dinner recently.
- Coles' biggest beef supplier has launched legal action against the supermarket giant.
- Genetically modified technology to grow horticulture market.
- A huge response to the upcoming seasonal food challenge is an encouraging sign for the region.
- My Kitchen Rules finalist and chef Scott Gooding has backed Onions Australia's "Secret Serve" campaign to lift onion consumption.
- Sandy's life has had a complete 180 in the past decade and she couldn't be happier.
- The NSW DPI Citrus Research and Development Roadshow arrived in Loxton yesterday.
- The NSW Department of Primary Industries Citrus Research and Development Roadshow arrived in Mildura yesterday.
- The NSW Department of Primary Industries Citrus Research and Development Roadshow arrived in Griffith on Monday.
- Maggie Beer has offered support to a winemaker who destroyed thousands of litres of a rival's wine.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.