Farmers and business owners in the Greater Whitsunday Region are taking advantage of this opportunity by sourcing seasonal produce to cater for a niche and local market.
Senior Journalist - North West Star
Samantha Walton has worked for regional and rural publications, including Moree Champion (2015), North West Star (2016), North Queensland Register (2017) and has since returned to the North West Star as the senior journalist. Relocating to north west Queensland in 2015, Sam found her passion for the beef industry and now enjoys station life and horse riding.
Representatives of a key Queensland agricultural lobby group have given a glowing endorsement of the Tablelands region, praising its innovative qualities and resilience after a recent visit.
A former tradesman who started his farm from scratch has taken out this year’s Charlie Nastasi Horticultural Farmer of the Year Award.
With two current Cucumber Green Mottle Mosaic Virus cases in Qld, industry and Biosecurity Queensland continue to raise the virus's profile.
FOUR trailblazing farmers from the Mareeba area have been nominated in this year’s Charlie Nastasi Horticultural Farmer of the Year Award.
- An international herb and spice giant is looking to its latest Australian purchase to help lift its organic output.
- Did we snap you out and about Saturday morning?
- The strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and blackberry industries will unite to host BerryQuest in Tasmania next year.
- Take a look at Horticulture Innovation Australia.
- Australian macadamia growers have produced a crop of 46,000 tonnes in-shell at 10 per cent moisture.
- Choppers have been called in to dry out sodden cherry crops, but it looks like it might pan out okay.
- The celebration involved a four-hour harbour cruise before a farewell was held for previous company owner Stewart Merchant.
- Check out the photos from Lockyer Valley Growers Inc, Bowen Gumlu Growers Association, and Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers trip to South Korea.
- They may have copped a battering from Cyclone Debbie, but a glut of mangoes in North Queensland is driving prices down.
- An Australian company says building soil carbon is a major contributing factor to improved soil performance.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.