Unconfirmed rumours are circling that dairy giant Murray Goulburn will formally seek Government assistance in the form of a bailout.
National Grains Industry Reporter
Gregor Heard is Fairfax Ag Media's national grains industry reporter, based in Horsham, Victoria. He has a wealth of knowledge surrounding the cropping sector through his ten years in the role. Prior to that he was with the Fairfax network as a reporter with Stock & Land. Some of the major issues he has reported on during his time with the company include the deregulation of the export wheat market, the introduction of genetically modified crops and the fight to protect growers better from grain trader insolvencies. Still involved with the family farm he is passionate about rural Australia and its people and hopes to use his role to act as an advocate for those involved in the grain sector. Away from work, he is a keen traveller, having spent his long service leave last year in Spain learning the language.
It's unusual, but not impossible. Could a La Niña form late in the season and what would it mean for your farming operation?
The old adage a small crop keeps getting smaller is ringing true. Find out what forecasters now think Australia will produce this season.
BASIS levels in the Brisbane and Newcastle port zones remain at $100 a tonne or more above international futures in spite of recent rain.
OCTOBER rain has injected optimism into the northern cropping zone, with analysts suggesting a sorghum crop of up to 2mt is possible.
HOW much data, how many reports can people be fed before accepting the blindingly obvious on climate change?
There was some positive news for Australian oilseed producers in the latest US Department of Agriculture report.
ABARES has issued a rare between report update flagging potential cuts to its crop production estimates.
Farmers are being warned the interpretation of what constitutes green seed in canola has changed. How can you avoid being penalised?
- The Brisbane Markets community spruced up for their night of nights at a gala dinner recently.
- Coles' biggest beef supplier has launched legal action against the supermarket giant.
- Genetically modified technology to grow horticulture market.
- A huge response to the upcoming seasonal food challenge is an encouraging sign for the region.
- My Kitchen Rules finalist and chef Scott Gooding has backed Onions Australia's "Secret Serve" campaign to lift onion consumption.
- Sandy's life has had a complete 180 in the past decade and she couldn't be happier.
- The NSW DPI Citrus Research and Development Roadshow arrived in Loxton yesterday.
- The NSW Department of Primary Industries Citrus Research and Development Roadshow arrived in Mildura yesterday.
- The NSW Department of Primary Industries Citrus Research and Development Roadshow arrived in Griffith on Monday.
- Maggie Beer has offered support to a winemaker who destroyed thousands of litres of a rival's wine.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.