AFTER 12 years with Rural Press/Fairfax Agricultural Media, including seven and a half years in the federal Parliamentary Press Gallery, it’s time to sign-off.
LABOR has been broadly slammed for a “reckless” decision to backflip on policy and support banning live sheep exports.
TWO of the nation’s leading wine-makers have cautioned Australian wine consumers about an upward spike in domestic prices due to expanded Chinese demand.
ANIMAL rights activists that broke into a Queensland piggery last month may still be facing charges for breaching biosecurity protocols.
National Soils Advocate Major General Michael Jeffery says more than 6000 farmers have so far agreed with his theory on how to call a truce on the so called decade-long ‘climate wars’.
FEDERAL Jobs and Innovation Minister Michaelia Cash has offered a stern reminder and warning about the “devastating” consequences of banning live exports.
THE National Farmers Federation has returned from a farm forestry fact finding mission to NZ with a positive view about the neighbouring country’s industry .
iona Simson has written to all federal parliamentarians urging them to remember Australia’s livestock export industry is recognised as a global leader.
DAIRY leaders have expressed mixed reaction to the findings and recommendations of an extensive independent examination of competition flaws impacting their sector.
- An Australian researcher is working with a US nursery to commercialise new almond breeds.
- It was a battle for the best bunch at the banana exhibit at the Innisfail show this week.
- Dragonfuit Northern Food Futures tour hears import risk
- The solution to overcoming the language barrier when it comes to farm safety could be in the palm of your hand.
- How can farm operators keep foreign workers safe while, despite language barriers?
- Nearly a dozen frozen vegetable products are being recalled across Australia.
- What would you prefer: a bowl of oats sweetened with honey, or a cone of deep-fried french fries?
- New Zealand can't see why Australia' honey industry should get away with marketing honey labelled with the word `manuka'.
- It’s the third time in two years that growers in the region have faced uncertainty over their water supplies.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.