AFTER 12 years with Rural Press/Fairfax Agricultural Media, including seven and a half years in the federal Parliamentary Press Gallery, it’s time to sign-off.
LABOR has been broadly slammed for a “reckless” decision to backflip on policy and support banning live sheep exports.
TWO of the nation’s leading wine-makers have cautioned Australian wine consumers about an upward spike in domestic prices due to expanded Chinese demand.
ANIMAL rights activists that broke into a Queensland piggery last month may still be facing charges for breaching biosecurity protocols.
National Soils Advocate Major General Michael Jeffery says more than 6000 farmers have so far agreed with his theory on how to call a truce on the so called decade-long ‘climate wars’.
FEDERAL Jobs and Innovation Minister Michaelia Cash has offered a stern reminder and warning about the “devastating” consequences of banning live exports.
THE National Farmers Federation has returned from a farm forestry fact finding mission to NZ with a positive view about the neighbouring country’s industry .
iona Simson has written to all federal parliamentarians urging them to remember Australia’s livestock export industry is recognised as a global leader.
DAIRY leaders have expressed mixed reaction to the findings and recommendations of an extensive independent examination of competition flaws impacting their sector.
- A third class action has been launched against Powercor over the St Patrick’s Day fires.
- Family succession planning has resulted in the rare offering of one of the better-known cattle stations in the tightly held Alice Springs region of Central Australia.
- Industry moving forward is the theme for the 2018 Fruit Growers Tasmanian conference.
- Welcome to The Spud Diaries; One a blog of one man's trip to Peru and his quest to eat potatoes in various forms.
- DPIPWE continues surveillance and monitoring fruit fly traps in Mowbray until mid July.
- The Latrobe Valley is in the running for a $37 million hydroponic strawberry glasshouse.
- The best semillon: 'It all comes down to the quality of the fruit'
- Instead of bemoaning redundancy, Russ Watson and partner Lorelle Warren decided to mix it up... mix up whiskey, that is.
- Grower group, vegetablesWA put on a leafy vegetable variety trial at Gingin for growers to check out new lines.
- Packaging company, Orora, has shown off new technology available now for fresh produce packaging.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.