THE shortlists are being finalised and the fancy frocks are being sorted - it must be time for the Hort Connections 2019 National Awards for Excellence.
A highlight to the annual event, the awards will be presented throughout Hort Connections 2019 with some given extra focus on one special night.
The Awards for Excellence provide a way to acknowledge and recognise the outstanding contributions of individuals and companies to the industry.
- Young growers vie for Corteva Young Grower of the Year award
- Cooler helps grower rest a little easier
- Hort Connections secures more major sponsors
Some of the highest profile and most successful growers, researchers, marketers and supply chain stakeholders have had their names attached to the prizes.
The major awards are presented at the Hort Connections Gala Dinner on the last night of the event at the Crown Palladium.
Pre-dinner drinks are scheduled to start at 7pm in the Crown Palladium foyer, followed by the main proceedings at 7.30pm.
This event provides another networking opportunity, along with fine food and entertainment to round off the Hort Connections event.
Here's an overview of the award categories.
- Grower of the Year - Sponsored by Syngenta
- Marketer of the Year
- Young Grower of the Year - Sponsored by Corteva Agriscience
- Researcher of the Year - Sponsored by Bayer
- Industry Impact Award - Sponsored by Visy
- Innovation Partner Award
- Women in Horticulture - Sponsored by Boomaroo Nurseries
- Community Stewardship Award - Sponsored by EE Muir and Sons
- Environmental Award - Sponsored by Butler Market Gardens
- Exporter of the Year