Welcome to The Spud Diaries; One a blog of one man's trip to Peru and his quest to eat potatoes in various forms.
Editor, Good Fruit & Vegetables
For more than a decade, Ashley Walmsley has written about Australian agriculture. Having grown up on his parents smallcrops, cane and cattle property in Queensland, but clearly unable to grow anything himself, it was a natural progression for him to pursue a career writing about rural industries. He is currently the editor of Fairfax Media’s only national, fresh produce magazine, Good Fruit & Vegetables, while also covering horticulture stories for the agricultural papers and websites. When not writing about vegetables, fruits and nuts, Ashley enjoys playing and discussing video games from a simpler time, and doing impersonations of ABC radio presenters.
Nathan Roy has built up his Aerobugs business from an interest in drones to a fully fledged ag tech company.
Using a fruit fly's "behavioural fingerprint" is helping a new company monitor fruit fly numbers in real time.
It's the development, not research, which is holding back robotics being further incorporated into agriculture, according to SwarmFarm.
Who would have guessed a generic brand home renovation tool from Bunnings would be part of a hi-tech capsicum-picking robot?
Vegetable growers are missing out on opportunities to export to Asia according to ANZ Agribusiness.
A Future Farming Masterclass focused on drones and robotics has attracted plenty of interest at Bundaberg's AgroTrend field days.
Israeli company, Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies has begun trials of its Irrigation by Condensation technology in WA.
- The Qld rockmelon season has started and growers are hoping consumers get back to buying quickly.
- There are growing calls for all citrus plants in the NT to be quarantined as a citrus canker disease starts to spread.
- Industry moving forward is the theme for the 2018 Fruit Growers Tasmanian conference.
- Welcome to The Spud Diaries; One a blog of one man's trip to Peru and his quest to eat potatoes in various forms.
- DPIPWE continues surveillance and monitoring fruit fly traps in Mowbray until mid July.
- The Latrobe Valley is in the running for a $37 million hydroponic strawberry glasshouse.
- The best semillon: 'It all comes down to the quality of the fruit'
- Instead of bemoaning redundancy, Russ Watson and partner Lorelle Warren decided to mix it up... mix up whiskey, that is.
- Grower group, vegetablesWA put on a leafy vegetable variety trial at Gingin for growers to check out new lines.
- Packaging company, Orora, has shown off new technology available now for fresh produce packaging.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.